Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes

Today I will be talking about a great recipe that is a great sweet and savory dinner for you and your friends. Your first impression may a little taken back by this recipe because before I tried I thought it looked weird and was not a normal mash-up of good food. This recipe came to me by one of my roommate's moms and she prides herself on delivering fresh and delicious recipes every time she comes and visits us. This recipe is called buffalo chicken twice baked sweet potatoes, now sweet potatoes and buffalo chicken may sound a little off to you but trust me this meal is mouthwatering. 

This recipe combines some of my favorite foods and sides, most of my dinners consist of chicken because I am a college student currently on a budget and you can buy bulk amounts of chicken relatively cheap. The meal also incorporates hot sauce which I put on almost everything I eat, from breakfast to dinner. The sweet potato part was the part that concerned me a little bit because I do not eat sweet potatoes on a regular basis. But after eating this meal I was impressed to find out how well these foods worked together. This recipe can be used to feed a family for dinner, have a hearty midday lunch, or provide for your friends during a sporting event. No matter when you decide to make this recipe I know you will love it.

Ingredients:
4 medium sweet potatoes
2 cups shredded chicken
½ cup diced yellow onion
½ cup diced celery
½ cup shredded carrots
1/4th cup chipotle mayo
1/4th cup of buffalo sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
Instructions:
1.       Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place your sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and poke them with a fork. Bake for 45 mins
2.       While the sweet potatoes are cooking combine celery, onion, and carrots into a saucepan and sauté. Set aside once cooked
3.       When the sweet potatoes are done cooking cut them in half and scoop out the insides. Add the insides to the bowl you set aside with celery, onion, and carrots
4.       In the bowl add your shredded chicken, mayo, buffalo sauce, and spices. Mash all of these ingredients together and then scoop them back into the shells.
5.       Evenly distribute your blue cheese crumbles on top of the shells
6.       Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 20 more mins

7.       Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great recipe!! Can’t wait to whip it up!!

    ReplyDelete