Sunday, February 17, 2019

Dirty Franks Hot Dog Palace

Being a native of Columbus for 21 years I have had a few meals here and there and like to think I know some of the best spots to stop at whether you are a native of Columbus or just visiting the city. The place I will be highlighting today is a neighborhood hot dog joint called Dirty Franks Hot Dog Palace. It is located in 4th street which is where there are a lot of different things to do day or night. As the name of the place implies this joint is all about the hot dogs.

What makes this place special is not the hot dog but all the different things that can come on top of that warm lengthy meat. They have many different condiments, some are your regular well-known ones like relish, sauerkraut, and coleslaw. They also have some outlandish ones like mac and cheese, pretzel bites, and scallions. When you visit this place it is hard to just choose one dog because there are so many different options and so many different combinations. A few of the dogs I would recommend for a newbie are the Mike’s Mac Attack, The Real Man, and Tot-cho Dog. Mike’s Mac Attack comes with man and cheese bites, cheese sauce, and bacon bits. The Real Man comes with Coney sauce, sauerkraut, onion, and brown mustard. The Tot-cho Dog comes with tots, cheese sauce, jalapenos, and onion. Each one of these is a good choice for your first time at Dirty Franks because they really bring to light the creativity and deliciousness that each dog has.


Another aspect that makes Dirty Franks a great stop is its location. There are many places around the hot dog parlor that can keep you entertained after you get a great bite to eat. The best place to go after getting dogs, in my opinion, is the bar right next door. This is no ordinary bar but a video game and arcade game bar. 16-bit is a very popular destination because you can play as many videos games in this bar as you want as long as you have an open tab. The games range from classic arcade games like Galaga all the way to newer games that have just recently come out so you have a wide variety of entertainment. So whether you are a Columbus native or just visiting the city I would recommend these two hot spots to ensure you have a good time. 

3 comments:

  1. This place sounds pretty cool! I don't often find myself in Columbus, but I will definitely keep this place in mind next time I go. Dirty Franks sounds like a place my brothers would really like to go. At least, my younger brother would. I'm a bit of a picky eater but even I think Mike's Mac Attack sounds pretty good. The arcade bar sounds interesting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love Dirty Franks. I have never had the Real Man but the Tot-cho I have had and it is delicious. The one closest to me closed about two years ago and it was really upsetting because it was in walking distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dirty franks is great, I never would have thought to put tater tots and jalapenos on a hot dog like they did but man was it tasty. I'd recommend dirty franks to anyone visiting columbus.

    ReplyDelete